The Minister’s Early Learning and Child Care Engagement Table brings together a broad and diverse group of individuals from across the province.
They will inform, engage and support on issues and initiatives related to the transformation of Nova Scotia’s early learning and child care system. A call for applications was issued in March 2022.
Members were announced in May 2022. Members have committed to a one-year term, with the possibility for an extension.
- Parent - Brianne Wright, Yarmouth County
- Parent - Iain Fraser, Halifax Regional Municipality
- Parent - Jennifer Pratt, Colchester County
- Parent - Megan Hiltz, Kings County
- Parent – Twila MacDonald, Halifax Regional Municipality
- Early Childhood Educator - Jennifer Chase, Lunenburg County
- Early Childhood Educator – Nicole Poirier, Halifax Regional Municipality
- Child care operator - Denise Goulden, Digby County
- Child care operator - Donna Buckland, Halifax Regional Municipality
- Child care operator - Helen Gamble Mortimer, Cape Breton Regional Municipality
- Child care operator - Jighisha Patel, Inverness County
- Child care operator - Joseph Kinsman, Halifax Regional Municipality
- Child care operator - Kimberly Cormier, Antigonish County
- Child care operator - Michelle Conrod, Halifax Regional Municipality
- Child care operator - Trina Fraser, Halifax Regional Municipality
- Family Home Child Care Provider - Melissa Castonguay, Pictou County
- Faculty, MSVU Child & Youth Studies - Christine McLean, Halifax Regional Municipality
- Jane Norman College Family Home Agency and Child Care Centre - Kimberly Elliott, Colchester County
- Child Care Now (NS) - Nikki Jamieson, Halifax Regional Municipality
- NS Early Childhood Development Intervention Services - Patricia Monaghan, Halifax Regional Municipality
- Early Childhood Education Consultant Mi’kmaw Kina’matnewey - Miranda Bernard
About the Engagement Table
- Through the Canada-Wide Early Learning and Child Care Agreement, we are working to transform the delivery of child care across the province. The Engagement Table will help advance this important work.
- Members meet once a quarter.
- Expenses for members participating in the Table are reimbursed or covered in accordance with government standards. Release of time (substitutes for early childhood educators) if necessary, will be accommodated.
- The Table is facilitated by an experienced external facilitator.